Effective date: October 28, 2020
By placing a booking with us (Fonte Martino Guest House & Estate) you (the lead guest) and your booking party (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions as set-out. During your stay you agree to abide by the subsequent conditions as set-out. If you have any questions about booking with us, please contact us prior to making a booking.
- To place a booking with us the lead guest must be at least 18 years of age. The maximum number of staying guests per room is illustrated in the room occupancy details on the website. Where the person making the booking is different to the lead guest taking up the occupation, the person making the booking may be held responsible for cancellation, non-arrival and damages as set-out within. Only the lead guest and the named booking party are permitted to use the property and its facilities, any third-party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
- In order to provide the most refined and relaxing experience possible, we are primarily an adult-only guest house. However, we can accommodate those 16 or older with adult supervision.
- To secure a booking we require a deposit to be paid in advance equal to 25% of the total stay. (The deposit for Group bookings or more than one suite is non-refundable.) Deposit payments must be cleared funds before a booking can be confirmed. Deposits are only refundable under the conditions set-out under the section Cancellation, Returned Deposit & Non-Arrival Conditions.
- Deposit payments are made online using a valid credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express). The balance can be paid by credit/debit card, cash, or Fonte Martino Gift Card. Payment of your booking balance is due prior to departure.
- If paying by credit card, you authorize Fonte Martino Guest House & Estate to charge your credit card the deposit, balance, and/or penalty in accordance with the stated and accepted cancellation terms and conditions listed. This authorization is irrevocable. The holder takes charge of all civil and penal liability in case of incorrect details. By sending your Credit Card information you accept these terms and conditions.
- Your credit card information is processed securely by the online reservation system.
- All room rates are quoted in euros (€) per night, are double occupancy (except where noted), and include tax. The Montepulciano Suite can accommodate 2 additional guests with an additional charge of €50.00 per person per night.
- A tourism tax will be charged as required by law. The tourist tax in accordance with Council Resolution No. 91 of November 30, 2011 has been in force since February 1, 2012. The revenue from this tax is used for the promotion and support of cultural and tourism initiatives within Montepulciano. The tax is payable by non-residents and the amount is €1.00 per person per night.
- All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests, neighbors and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honoring this agreement or causing a disturbance to other guests, neighbors or the owners.
Cancellation, Returned Deposit & Non-Arrival Conditions
Our Flexible Travel Guarantee:
We want you to know that during these uncertain times due to covid-19, we understand the complexities of travel. We want to put your mind at ease and let you know that if travel becomes restricted due to a government-issued travel ban, we will refund 100% of your deposit up to 24 hours prior to your arrival for direct reservations.
We extend this offer for all guests with arrival dates through December 31, 2021.
All guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel partners should contact their booking provider for information on their policies for cancellation.
Please contact us if you would like to reschedule your holiday/vacation.
Guests who need to cancel a booking should contact us as soon as possible. Deposits already paid are only returned in accordance with the following conditions:
- Cancellations received 30 days prior to arrival: Full refund.
- Cancellations received 29-15 days prior to arrival: 50% of the total booking will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Cancellations received less than 15 days, no-show, or early departure: 100% of the total booking will be charged to the credit card on file.
Group Bookings (more than 1 Suite):
- Deposits for Group Bookings are fully refundable if cancellation occurs more than 60 days prior to arrival date.
- Group Bookings cancelled less than 60 days before arrival date: 100% of the total booking will be charged to the credit card on file.
We strongly recommend travel insurance to protect you in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
Damages & Lost Property
We reserve the right to charge the lead guest for any damages caused through the course of a booking by any member of the booking party. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings, and non-compliance with the smoking policy. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimize damage and associated costs.
Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by guests during a stay will be held for a period of 1 month. While we will make our best efforts to reunite lost property with their owners, we accept no responsibility in replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belongings before check-out. We may offer to mail lost items via recorded delivery at the cost of the property owner, otherwise collection can be arranged.
Guests accept that they park their vehicles at their own risk.
Wi-Fi Fair & Appropriate Usage Policy
Where Wi-Fi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests.
The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
Your Personal Details & Privacy
We require registry of guests over the age of 16 who stay with us, this includes full names and nationality, and/or passport numbers.